Monday 6 December 2010

how did you come up with the name of your blog The Moonchild is an astrological term. Since I’m Cancerian, I thought why not? It’s almost like an alias, in a way. when where you introduced to fashion Honestly, you should be getting a good 15 years of photos in order for me to answer this question. In actual fact, my parents are designers, part of the Australian scene, so I guess it runs through my blood. I started really appreciating fashion as a way to express myself when I splattered paint on my jeans at the mere age of 7, and decided to leave it there. People made comments, both nice and nasty, but I decided to ignore both and just wore my jeans the way I liked. Unfortunately those jeans are long gone, but the memory lasts. how do you describe your style My dad told me that even at a young age, I developed a strong alternative style. I had my hair cut pixie short when I was 8 and despised skirts. My style is definitely influenced by my music. Indie, thrifted, and unique. It is for this reason I do at times make my own clothing. I love a monochromatic look, paired with my favorite band t-shirt, and at times a flannel shirt. I am the type of girl who likes to wear sneakers with dresses, and I’m not afraid to get paint on my clothes. what made you start a fashion blog I wanted people to see a connection between music and fashion. So although I’m not going to find a Victorian ball gown to show you how [[in this case baroque]] music can influence style, but I will tell you one thing: the idea of thrifted clothing didn’t magically come to somebody. Honestly, you used to buy thrifted clothing if you were unable to afford it at a proper store. In fact it was the alternative music of the 80’s. The rockers that weren’t able to make a living from their music often found old flannels and thrifted jumpers at charity stores for next to nothing. Eventually, this became their apparent style. what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world Inspiration, something to have learnt. I try to inject a little bit of this and that in my blog: art, photography, and the little things I notice in life. The little thoughts I have on popular music, the feelings I may have on a random August afternoon, and my interview with indie bands I love finding. Oh, and recently, my poetry. how is your style different than everyone else I guess in the end, a lot of people have similar styles. This is because we are offered the same things. I guess how I’m different is the fact that you’ll hardly ever see me wear the same thing twice, thanks to my parents. who is your inspiration So for those who have seen my blog before, and from what you’ve just read, you’ll know it’s not in the fashion industry. So here are some inspirations…The Pixies, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Band of Horses, Oasis, This Providence, Fergus Brown, Muse, The Smiths, Smashing Pumpkins. Yes, they are all bands. what impression do you want to leave on the people that visit your blog I want to provide them with something different, so they can feel that it is something different. Things like tumblr photos that have been re-blogged hundreds of time annoy me. I like to see things that are fresh, which is why I love posting my own photos, and I’ll soon get time to show you my artwork. who is your favorite designer Neil Barret, for sure. I enjoy his simple silhouettes, and at the same time his looks are effective. Not only that, but his background in tailoring means every piece has a perfect cut. what piece is a must have in your closet Not a piece. Pieces. Salvador + Pablo, my black monochrome Converse. Well, I have a few pairs of chucks. So they’re essential. If not those, a band tee!

No comments:

Post a Comment