Monday 30 August 2010

how did you come up with the name of your blog The name SWAY started long ago... I adopted it as my own purely based on its strong meaning "to influence and control". We all know life is impermanent so we must find ways to take control over the things that affect our lives. The three digits "925" is seen on Sterling Silver jewelery, it represents a mix of 92.5 percent silver and other metals. I've always had an obsession with sterling silver jewelery (rings especially) so naturally, SWAY925 was born! when were you introduced to fashion
I remember as a child flipping through the tele to find something fun to watch when I stumbled across Fashion Television. It was at that very point that my love for fashion began. how do you describe your style My style can be described as ANDROGYNOUS - I have a tendency to buy and wear men's clothing (and accessories etc) and pair them with feminine pieces to create an androgynous appeal. My wardrobe choices tend to change day to day based on my mood but I ALWAYS choose my SHOES FIRST prior to deciding on what to wear... I like to work around my shoes. It's a bizarre concept (so I've been told) but I have an insane obsession with shoes and prefer them to be the focal point in my outfits. My other unhealthy addictions includes sterling silver jewelery and leather! what made you start a fashion blog I've always been an avid fashion blog/site reader and started noticing people who had similar pieces of clothing/shoes but worn so differently. It was inspirational and mind blowing to see items being worn in ways I would have never imagined to be worn! That's what led me to start my own blog... I decided that perhaps my style, opinions and thoughts about fashion would inspire someone else and motivate them to also voice themselves.
what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world I hope that my style, views and thoughts on fashion can inspire someone and I can only hope that I bring something new and refreshing to the table. I'm fairly new to the blogging world and have already gotten such great feedback and comments from readers! It's truly amazing, very appreciated and greatly motivating to keep blogging! how is your style different than everyone else My style is different in the sense that I like to bring the best of both worlds into play... boy meets girl... man vs woman... Venus and mars. I also have a tendency to rework items and make them
my own... I will buy accessories then take them completely apart and recreate them to become something totally different. I'm experimental and adventurous and love to mix new and old items to create an edgier style. who is your inspiration We are all inspired by someone... if not by celebrities, than by our mothers, siblings, friends or colleagues. I am inspired by models off the runway as they have such an effortless and unique interpretation on street style and I look to men's fashion for inspiration as well. Readers will notice that I always have a song up with my post... I am a huge music lover and am inspired by musicians such as Shirley Manson, Gwen Stefani, Brody Dalle, Leslie Feist and Melissa Auf der Maur just to name a few. what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog I would love to leave readers with something refreshing and inspiring. We all have something to say whether it's about fashion or life... so I hope after viewing my blog readers hear my voice. Fashion isnt just about clothes... it's also about feeling confident and comfortable in your own skin... you can look smashing in something basic as you would in something designer. who is your favorite designer The list is endless... but if I had to narrow it down it would be ANN DEMEULEMEESTER and RICK OWENS. Both designers are notorious for their use of dark and neutral color palettes but they also take basic items and turn them into bold statement pieces. Rick Owens is infamous for his work in leather and minimalism, while Ann Demeulemeester is known for her gothic fashion. They're both unbelievable designers!
what piece is a must have in your closet Basics are essential... cotton t shirt/tank, a pair of really good denims, a blazer and a classic leather jacket can take you further than you know. It doesn't matter what the trend is or what's fashionable at that given moment... a wardrobe is built upon a series of basics and it is the foundation to a spectacular closet! When in doubt my go to items are... a pair of skinny denims, black cotton t and a pair of ankle booties... throw an over-sized blazer into the mix and I'm ready to head out the door! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment