Thursday 22 July 2010

Workwear...for the summer... in the city.

The title's a variation on "Summer in the City" by The Lovin' Spoonful, which is seriously one of the best songs I've ever heard.

Keep it casualFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore




Anyway, I had to dress up for my group's presentation in class... I won't bore you with the details of the project, but we did it as a newscast and people really liked it! But back to my point -- dressing in a manner that's both work-appropriate and cool (temperature-wise, not in a "street cred" way) can be hard.


I also hate typical work clothes -- uber uncomfortable and not always stylish or unique.


The above would probably be most appropriate for an office that isn't too strict, obviously. Still, there are some general rules that would work in all office settings.



  • If you want to stay cool, wear pants that are either loose fitting or not too snug. Having your legs encased in some fabric is not a good look when you're already sweating buckets.
  • Try to wear lightweight fabrics. I'm not a big fan of linen, but it can be a life saver. Personally, I try to find shirts that are made of either silk or silk-like fabrics. Cotton is also your friend!
  • Sandals are probably best, but they're not always acceptable, so... I think we may sometimes just have to suffer through the heat in closed toe shoes.

Any more tips for not dissolving into a sweaty mess? I'd love to know.




And now for your enjoyment...





Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment