Thursday 8 July 2010

What's in my kit? - Part 2 : Fake Lashes

I loooove fake eyelashes, that's no secret ... I have hundreds, not unlike most Makeup Artists.


EYELASH CASING

In my effort to travel economically and take my "lash-bar" with me I repackage my fake lashes into small containers with dividers, which fit perfectly into my makeup kit. My 3 lash-bar containers: 1 pack (over-stuffed) with Fantasy Lashes and 2 packs with a variety of Black Lashes make up my general selection for photoshoots, then in addition I carry a small bag containing any special lashes which I have picked specifically for the shoot in case the editor/stylist/photographer agrees to any "out of the ordinary" looks.


EXAMPLES FROM MY KIT - THE STAPLES

My favorite brands for lashes must be Shu Uemura, Illamasqua and Mac along with Eylure's Girls Aloud special editions.


Here are some of the everyday staples from my makeup kit.

Whenever I aim for a cat-eye look I almost always choose one of these two fake eyelashes, both are incredible in achieving the fierce and sexy effect of elongating your eyes. I wouldn't go to a shoot without them safely stored in my kit, really!
My absolute favorites to enhance a very European modern bold lip look are Eylure's Girls Aloud Limited Edition Kimberley or Mac's #33. Just a little something to define the eye without overpowering a modern lip.


EYELASH GLUE & REMOVAL

Always use a professional eyelash glue, like DUO Surgical Adhesive (it's got a weird smell which you just need to ignore) available at MAC stores.

After shoots most models I work with are so sweet and rip off the fake lashes wanting to return them for re-use (which I don't do unless they are costly Limited Edition lashes which have been properly cleaned and sterilized). Please don't, this can lead to ripping out your own lashes and even bleeding.

When removing fake lashes always ask your makeup artist to soak a cotton bud in eye makeup remover dabbing it on the glued band of the lashes until it loosens the glue allowing the lashes to peel off easily.



SHOPPING TIP:

I buy my containers at the "Japan Store" In Lamcy Plaza, Dubai, UAE, however you have to be lucky due to their ever-changing stock. Eylure Girls Aloud Limited Edition lashes are available at all Spinneys Supermarkets (which is very convenient) ;) Shu Uemura are not available in the UAE, get a friend to bring you some from the UK or Singapore.




photo credits: www.magazine.ayurvediccure.com, www.illamasqua.com, www.maccosmetics.com, http://www.shuuemura-usa.com, www.eylure.com, www.justbeautifully.co.uk, www.pppi.co.th,

No comments:

Post a Comment