Monday 1 February 2010


how did you come up with the name of your blog A: Dawn and I both love dressing up in monochrome colours and sometimes people are irritated by the lack of colours in our wardrobe. It was a wordplay between monochromatic and obnoxious. D: Arissa came up with the name, which is a combination of Monochromatic and Obnoxious. I thought it was a cute name and agreed to it.
when where you introduced to fashion A: Officially in 2002 when I entered a local fashion design school. My mum said I was really picky with shoes as a toddler. D: I have been interested in fashion since around 15 or so
how do you describe your styles A: Drapey and monochromatic D: Clean, simple, and monochromatic. what made you start a fashion blog A: After I graduated, I was pretty upset about not being able to pursue a career in fashion. I still like to keep in touch with fashion and I have enjoyed reading so many fashion blogs, so I decided it was time to have one of my own. D: Arissa thought of this idea initially, and asked if I would be interested to help, which I am honoured to be able to. what do you think you bring to the fashion blog worldA: Something dark and omnibus. Okay not really. That it is completely fine to be yourself. D: I hope to inspire people, to simply dress the way they want to and not to be afraid to experiment with styles.
how is your style different than everyone else A: Basically there's only one colour in my wardrobe and I keep buying things that look similar. D: Perhaps that I base my entire wardrobe only around one colour. who is your inspiration A: I like Camille of childhoodflames, Rumi of fashiontoast and then there is Alexa Chung and so many others. D: I get inspirations all over the place, in magazines, from other blogs, it is endless.
It is hard for me to narrow it down to just a few person. what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog A: Have fun dressing up, do silly things in your clothes, layer them, rip them apart and then put them back together again. Don't be too serious with yourself and set yourself freeeeeeee.
D:
I hope our readers would realize that we do not take things too seriously, and to tell them to have fun in the way they dress and feel comfortable.
MONOXIOUS

"D:" are the answers Dawn answers and "A:" are mine Arissa. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment