Friday 25 September 2009

I've been following this young goddess for some time now...to be honest she is a big influence to Fashion Jinx...OK there's some what of a fashion-crush. But, after you visit Barkatt-Barbro you will understand....when where you introduced to fashion? I used to sneak into my grandmothers’ attic and steal her clothes; she had quite the collection from her young and stylish days! Then I’d tuck them under my sweater, borrow some shoes and run to the bathroom across the hall to try them on. I think I was about nine or ten at the time. Since then I’ve been quite the shopaholic! I fell in love with the aspect of personal style quite early in my life; I was instantly fascinated, and I’ve been captivated ever since. But, my turning point and introduction to fashion was probably last year. I opened my eyes and saw a whole new world of fashion and style. I think this was mostly because of how well the trends of A/W 2008 suited me and my personality.how do you describe your style?I recently tried to answer a similar question, but I generally don’t like to label myself in any way. However, I would say “romantic rocker meets elegance with a pinch of emotional diva; black edition”. I change a lot; some days I’m all about rock n’ roll, and other days I’ll wear the most elegant dress I can lay my hands on. I guess I have a borderline fashion-personality disorder. What doesn’t change is my love for shoes! what made you start a fashion blog? Actually, I never intended to start a fashion blog! When I started blogging I wanted to share my Norwegian view of the world with others. Fashion just made it more fun! There is so much beauty out there; this is just a way of sharing some of my favorites! what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world? Hopefully I bring ideas and inspiration, strong fashion statements and of course my own personality! Generally, I just bring my perception of the crazy/beautiful world of fashion.how is your style different than everyone else? I’m all about black! And I love mixing things up: like for example putting on my dress backwards, using my skirts as dresses and stealing my lovers’ clothes, just to mention some. I’m creative, but I don’t think I’m different from everyone else; I’m just me :) who is your inspiration? Everyone? I don’t have one person that inspires me; but I tend to be drawn to the unknown, the girl in the background, the mysterious and kind of odd girls in random pictures and editorials. If someone is wearing black, I am immediately intrigued! I find a lot of inspiration in traveling, mixing up my own closet, people, my favorite designers, new designers, other bloggers and random pictures. I also love studying people that dare to wear colors and patterns, probably because I usually don’t. what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog? Preferably a good one! :) I want my guests to see the importance of personal style, because anyone can be trendy! And I would like people to remember both my style and photos, and hopefully re-visit me some other time.
xo.......

Barbro Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment