Monday 24 August 2009

Isabella Oliver

About two weeks ago, I got an email from Holly at Isabella Oliver that let me know about their website. Previously known as a maternity label, they have recently expanded to a regular line called Isabella Oliver 365.



After taking a look at the website (which I suggest!), I saw quite a few interesting things. The site has a video for each piece, so you can see how the clothing falls on a human body... albeit a model's body. Still, it helps. The clothes are a little on the expensive side, but they seem to be of good quality. They also have a little fashion magazine, a la net-a-porter, which is quite helpful in figuring out how to style some of the pieces. After flipping through the most recent one, I definitely want the bustier dress!

I spoke a little more with Holly and she offered to send me a piece of clothing from Isabella Oliver to review here. I chose the striped top and two days later, it was here!




The shirt is quite stretchy, but there isn't a size or garment tag inside of it, so I'm not quite sure what it's made of. I'm guessing cotton with lycra, but like I said, that's a total guess. Also, I think the shirt is one size fits all. I don't see the shirt on their site anymore, I suppose because they just launched their winter collection -- more on that later.

I had my best friend style and take these pictures so you could see how stretchy the shirt is. Here, essentially, I was wearing it as a dress with leggings... something I've never done before! Shocking, I know. :P I meant to take a picture wearing it normally, but we went on a hunt for pho and got sidetracked.

Hat, my friend's; vest, Old Navy; striped top, Isabella Oliver; leggings, hell if I know (gift from a friend); bag, Target; shoes, Rue 21.

Striped top, Isabella Oliver; leggings, gift from a friend; bag, somewhere in Tokyo; shoes, Torrid.

The shirt is shirred on the left side, so it bunches up naturally, which makes the shirt not feel so skin-tight, despite the fact that it's very stretchy. Speaking truthfully, I am definitely a fan of Isabella Oliver. The clothes are of great quality, and from the people that I've spoken to at the company, they seem to really take pride in customer service. Like I said before, these might not be the pieces you want to get if you're on a tight budget (the stripe shirt was around $130); that being said, I think they could be great basic "investment" pieces.

Here are a few picks from the winter collection:

The Cape


The Shirt Coat

The Lace Corset Belt

The Roxy Tote (Sara Berman for Isabella Oliver)

Item pictures from isabellaoliver.com. Others by Liz. (Thanks!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment