Thursday 13 August 2009



how did you come up with the name of your blog? I'm a little embarrassed--when I first joined Wardrobe Remix I needed to think up a Flickr name in a hurry, so I just went with my old AOL instant messenger screen name, Liebemarlene. And I came up with that when I was 18 and obsessed with Marlene Dietrich and everything German. Now I kind of wish I had a different name, though I'm so bad at coming up with titles that who knows what I'd end up with. how do you discribe your style? It's pretty vintage-based and romantic . . . I wear mostly vintage because it's easiest to come by where I live in the South, but also because I'm really inspired by old movies and fashion of the '30s and '40s. So I end up wearing mostly dresses and skirts--I don't look good in pants or anything too minimalist or modern, as much as I wish I could.







what made you start a fashion blog?I started up the blog in 2007, soon after I started my ebay store, just as a place where I could show photos of what I was selling and write about inspirations. I didn't even plan to post outfit photos or do much writing of any kind on it, but it really is easy to get hooked on blogging . . . what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world? Oh, probably just a lot of old-fashioned photos and ramblings about old movies, and once in a while an outfit post. how is your style different than everyone else? I don't think it really is--there are lots of girls who wear mostly vintage and do a wonderful job of it. I guess I just try to mix up the decades a little--right now I like wearing '50s dresses with socks and platform sandals. My goal is to take inspiration from vintage looks without actually looking like I stepped out of a vintage photo.



who is your insperation? I'm inspired by a ton of fashion bloggers, street style sites, old movies. As far as one person goes, I have to admit that I follow Alexa Chung's fashion spot thread religiously. I love the way she mixes up favorite labels of mine (A.P.C., Lover . . .) with vintage and casual elements.
.what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog? I really hope that I come across as my real (and nerdy) self, not as some inhabitant of fairy tale fashion blog land. I love fashion, but I like other things better (old movies, Southern history), so as much as I'd love to be a fashion inspiration, I'd be happier hearing that my blog inspired a girl to, say, go to the library to check out a book on Reconstruction or to just indulge her inner nerdiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment