Monday 16 February 2009

Christian Cota, Charlotte Ronson, Bibhu Mohapatra

All I have to say is, "sparkly." I love this collection! My favorite is the last dress; it reminds me of one I've seen before, maybe Marchesa? I don't know. Anyway, I just love how the embellishment is kind of nestled in the dress. Oh, and I love the shoes! Platforms are my best friend.

Charlotte Ronson's collection was decidedly less sugary and girly than her usual fare, and thank goodness for that! I call this look "the dark side of Isabel Marant." There are the same plaids, hosiery, boots and vests, but the dark lipstick, slicked-back hair and subdued color palette skew toward somber.

Bibhu Mohapatra used to work for J. Mendel but recently created an eponymous line. I'm loving the color palette and the slight bubble shapes on the dresses. Oh, and the boots! My favorite look is the second to last one, closely followed by Looks #2 and 3.

More to come!

P.S. Click for larger pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment