Thursday 18 September 2008

My Meeting with the Lipstick Queen!

She's sweet,unique and best of all she's a professional girly girl,my dream job!!! Her name is Poppy King and she is a lipstick brain child,literally she was 18 when she created Poppy industries back in her home Australia. Her indie company shot to millions within months. This situation was a wild lipstick fairy tale with many challenges that where tried and true and unconventionally dealt with,winning her ultimate feet,being bought out by Barnie's NY. She managed to conquer and deliver many lipstick obstacles in the cosmetic industry.

A few days ago I was talking about going to Henri Bendel to get lipstick wonder Poppy King to sign my book (and I made her kiss it) "Lessons of a Lipstick Queen". We chatted,she put a bunch of different super shiny glosses on my pouty lips. I loved every single color,but settled on one lipstick one gloss. She lives downtown so one day we might get lunch. Oh and "Gossip Girl" star Blake Lively came in and bought 7 copies.




So one of the glosses I got was Silver Shimmer. Wear it alone in the sun light your lips will sparkle its basically clear. She applied it over a matte lipstick (which she is famous for inventing as a teen in the 90's)


No comments:

Post a Comment