Sunday 15 June 2008

Designer Awareness: Tina Tarantino Says Nay to Counterfeits!!!


I'm proud to say I've never owned a fake Fendi bag. I never understood that whole lets go to Canal street and swindle a faux Gucci or so??? Yes I've bought cheap things off the block but I always thought why buy a fake little Louis Vuitton knock off when the generic real one isn't all that great, you know what I mean (not the new it bag of the season) but the same efing bag every rich girl and her mother has. My mother told me when I was a little girl going school shopping that I could either buy 10 new cheap things or less than that for pricier items of clothing. I'm sure you can guess I have a designer closet with few pieces (some HM and stuff here and there)...Anyway read on to listen to the valuable message the lovely Tarina Tarantion has to offer. Oh yeah and she has a new Barbie out!!!!

What does luxury cost?

I hope you have a moment to read this because it is something very important to all of us at TT. It is something that we take for granted here because it is what we live everyday. We work in a place that is bright and sparkly and create pretty things and try to have as much fun as we can while doing it. The importance of the statement below cannot be emphasized enough. I still think its important to care about the things we are spending money on, where they come from and who might have made it. I urge all of you to get educated about the issues connected to buying counterfeit goods and how it affects all of us. I also urge all of you to find out more about the shocking sweatshop practices associated with the luxury goods market. xo&***sparkles, Tarina

HANDMADE WITH LOVE FROM THE SPARKLE FACTORY



Everything we create is handmade at The Sparkle Factory in downtown Los Angeles, U.S.A. We feel that it is important to share with you what it is you are buying when you choose to purchase something from TARINA TARANTINO.

Here at the Sparkle Factory we hand craft all of our jewelry, handbags and accessory collections, utilizing the finest materials. In a world that is increasingly giving less value to the origin of a product, we feel it is important to make something that we can feel good about offering and you can feel good about buying. This shouldn't be, but is becoming a rare luxury in todays throw away fashion culture.

The costume jewelry and handbag industry are some of the worst offenders when it comes to sweatshops, unfair labor practices and counterfeiting. Buying counterfeit goods also contributes to human trafficking and global terrorism.

We are doing our small part to combat all of these things and so are you when you invest in something special made at the Sparkle Factory in downtown Los Angeles, U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment